Reg E Requirements for Person to Person (P2P) Payments
Regulation E Requirements for Person to Person (P2P) Payments
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
This timely payments webinar covers compliance requirements for P2P disputes and provide financial institutions with best business practices for complying with Regulation E while protecting the bank or credit union.
With the dramatic increase in Person to Person payments, financial institutions are experiencing a spike in debit card disputes.
- Who takes the loss?
- What are Regulation E requirements for P2P unauthorized debit card claims?
- What questions should the financial institution ask the customer?
- What are the financial institutions compliance protections and fraud safeguards against the increase in P2P consumer claims?
This timely and relevant payments webinar walks through the compliance requirements for handling P2P disputes and provide financial institutions with best business practices for complying with Regulation E while protecting the financial institution.
- Asking the right questions to obtain proper information for the completion of the investigation.
- Effective Handling of P2P debit card disputes such as Cash App, Venmo, and other social app transaction disputes.
- How financial institutions are strategically building out fraud management tools to prevent ongoing unnecessary debit card dispute claims.
- How financial institutions can effectively communicate and educate their consumers on protecting themselves against unauthorized social app disputes.
Secura Risk Management / Founder
Throughout her career, Terri has served as a leader in the payments and fraud prevention industry, providing education, risk management and compliance consulting and support services geared toward the specific needs of financial organizations.
Terri is an Advanced Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, an At-Risk Adult Crime Specialist and an Accredited ACH Professional. Prior to founding Secura, Terri served as co-founder of Payments Information Circle (PIC), a service organization providing payments industry education, auditing, consulting, resources, and support services to financial organizations throughout the country. Prior to her work at PIC, Terri also served as the President of GACHA, a non-profit, regional payments association where she provided strategic direction for financial institutions in the payments industry. Terri began her career in payments as a Senior Analyst with the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta where she provided training throughout the Sixth District and served on the Federal Reserve ACH Conversion Team that consolidated ACH Services for all branch locations in the Sixth District.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by BankersHUB
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education, Training & Special Event Coordinator, Malia Widder, (614) 610-1877.
| Registration (Member/Non-Member Pricing)
Webinar and Playback* ($295/$445)
*Playback has no expiration.
Additional Hookup - Registering another banker from a different location ($185/$225)