2023 Emerging Leader Program
March 14 | April 12 | May 16 | September 27 | November 14
Five full-day, in-person sessions, supplemented by three virtual/web de-brief and accountability sessions
The Emerging Leader Program (ELP) is an annual leadership development program designed to build competencies and confidence for your next generation of community bank leaders. Participants will be guided through Five Exemplary Leadership Practices®, a 360-degree feedback assessment, DISC® communication styles, Strengths Finder® and the basics of Performance Management and Development, concluding with their individual presentation to build executive presence. A mentor from your organization is utilized throughout the program to bring application of the learning to life and provide for personal and professional growth opportunities.
Perfect opportunity for...
- Front-line or first-level high-performing leaders with ~1-5 years of experience managing employees
- Mid-level individual contributors who are high-potential candidates for promotion to a leadership role
Each session will be supported with reflection pre-work and field-work assignments designed to facilitate on-the-job practice, application, and engagement with a senior leader mentor. Small-group virtual meetings are held throughout to de-brief progress and support accountability.
March 14, 2023 – Session 1: Leading Excellence in Yourself
- Self-Awareness and Understanding through Assessments: 1) DISC-Plus – self-assessment to ascertain behavioral and communications
styles plus driving values. 2) Strengths Finder® assessment to understand top capacity talents to maximize on the job
- The Leadership Challenge® – Introduce the 5 Exemplary Leadership Practices
- Insights and strategies for receiving feedback
April Virtual Meeting: De-brief 360-degree feedback results.
April 12, 2023 – Session 2: Leading Excellence in Yourself and Your Team
- The Leadership Challenge® – Deeper dive into the 5 exemplary leadership practices (Model the Way; Inspire a Shared Vision; Challenge the Process)
- Performance Management
April Virtual Meeting: De-brief progress and accountability check-in on commitments made.
May 16, 2023 – Session 3: Leading Excellence in Your Teams
- The Leadership Challenge® – Deeper dive into the 5 exemplary leadership practices (Model the Way; Enable others to Act; Encourage from the Heart)
- Delivering Meaningful Feedback; Coaching Others
- Building stronger team communication and team cohesiveness
- Field Trip: Team Building in Action!
July Virtual Meeting: De-brief progress made on leader development action plans. Kick-off pre-work for September – begin the process of co-creating a leadership challenge assignment with manager and mentor.
September 27, 2023 – Session 4: Leading Excellence in Your Community Bank
- Driving change and innovation in your sphere of influence
- Community bank case scenarios
- Communicating/Presenting yourself as a leader
- Panel discussion: Industry leaders and experts
November 14, 2023 – Session 5: Leading Excellence in Your Community Bank - Graduation!
- Final Presentations (using an outline template provided, participants briefly share their vision statement; key learnings from the program; and their leadership challenge assignment)
- Graduation and recognition (mentors invited to participate)
Meet the Facilitator
Diahn Hevel, certified Coach2Lead facilitator
For over 25 years, Diahn Hevel has helped senior executives maximize the return on investments in their people. Her consulting and coaching practice has served bank clients of all sizes with performance development programs, coaching competency development, organizational change leadership, sales management programs, and employee readiness programs for change initiatives.
Prior to founding Hevel + Co in 2002, Diahn spent 15 years in financial services leadership roles including product management, incentive comp. management, internal communications, sales / service / sales management training director, and director of retail sales & service support.
In addition to earning her MBA from the University of Dayton, Diahn has completed both Dartmouth’s Leading Strategic Change and the Coach Training Alliance program. Her toolbox includes assessments such as DISC ® Plus (Behavior and Communication), Emotional Intelligence 2.0 ®, Leadership Based Strengths Finder 2.0 ®, Coach2Lead and Prosci Change Management. She is an adjunct instructor for Columbus State Community College (teaching interpersonal skills, principles of business, and business ethics).
Questions? Please e-mail Malia Widder at [email protected]